Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tour of Friendship

the report that was not to be!

i sat in front of my computer, recollecting my thoughts and the race happenings for close to 4 hours!
then, with an accidental click of the power switch whilst the computer had yet to enter into hibernation mode, all the hard work was GONE (because i didn’t have my batt in the laptop)
sometimes i just HATE technology.sigh

so i don’t think i’m going to do it all over again………
but just wanna take this opportunity to thank:

-Daniel Loy and Jean-Francois Torrelle for putting the Passi:one:-JFT cycling team together
-Cass, my team mate and roomie for the great (although painful) times that we had training and having fun (with the ‘prostitute’)
-my sponsors – Nike for the apparel, First Endurance for the EFS, multi vits and optygen, Limar for my wonderfully light and cooling helmet, and finally, Smith Optics for my sunglasses which protected my eyes from the super hot sun in thailand

-mok and my sister who were my greatest fans
-everyone else who gave me well wishes and prayed for me!

Thank you everyone!

most importantly, I give all praise to God
thank Him for giving me the strength to finish the 4 stages
for giving me the wisdom to know what to do during the race
for keeping me safe and crash free
and for helping me to win (:

and with that, I look forward to the next race
ASIAN CYCLING CHAMPIONSHIPS!
it’ll be held in East Kalimantan from the 13-19th August 2009
leaving for Indonesian on the 12th of August
16th will be the Road Race and 17th the ITT
so exciting!!

but for now, i have to recover from a stupid injury sustained from the NIE outdoor camp
sigh….it has been a month already
had a Baker’s cyst, so Dr Cormac stuck a needle in and took the fluid out.was quite cool.haha
it may come back and if i does, we’ll have to inject steroids to help reduce the inflammation
it seems to be hurting quite a bit again! oh no!

will update as my Wilier (its still not in yet!!!!!!!!!) comes in
and about trainings as my injury goes away!
I CAN’T WAIT TO CYCLE WITHOUT PAIN!!!!

11 days of holiday left :(

No comments: